Monday, June 18, 2012

Love and respect is immortal


             


Yes I was young , just few years ago…not few may be….40 plus years ago…true I am talking about my childhood, my Father and mother were always close by , watching, caring ,worrying , doing all they could to make my life as comfortable as possible,  sacrificing their own sleep and comfort.
And I, love them, still. My father left me …to heavenly abode , some years back…and I did cry…bit quietly…I never left him ..even as I crossed 18.
He use to get angry…specially for one thing…his stock of cigarettes.. and  he would just send for few extra packets ..just in  case…there is some closure….I never got upset with him for this.. nor for anything…

He used to tell his stories ..of pre-partition  struggle…and the luxuries all our relatives left , and this was his treasure…his past. What he faced here , is story…may remain untold to many.. but few .and we still loved both …maa and abba….all year long…not just for single day but 365 days a year, 7 days a week, and 60 minutes an hour. I remember each and every moment spent………

Yet , here , I don’t recall any day we labeled …as his day…as we had all the days of the year …kids day…as they shower their love and care…and they had all our respect and care same way…I am lucky…I even made him breakfast…last day of his at home…before he was taken to hospital …with fracture neck of femur…and he was buried with same……Thanks to my colleagues….”for their kind attention”……If I ever want kill some one …that would be one specific senior belonging to my profession…
I remember my father every day…not just today or another day coming next year…….

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! :)..May ALLAH grant paradise to your father

    ReplyDelete
  2. ameen..........thanks for your kind remark.

    ReplyDelete